Strawberry Pudding... for the summer-y effect:)

I made this out of necessity. A pack of strawberries were lying in the refrigerator with no takers since the past one week. Not that we are non strawberry lovers. Just that the berries were too much on the sour side that it was difficult to bite into it without cringing our faces!

I have this habit of writing down recipes from books, internet, television, friends, family... that I never keep track of its original sources. The Harvard-style referencing skills I learnt while doing my MBA still holds me back from plifering, but I seriously dont remember where I got hold of this recipe from. If anyone knows, I will be happy to agree with them...


INGREDIENTS:
Strawberries Sliced - 1/2 cup
Egg - 1
Caster Sugar - 3 tablespoons
Vanilla Essence - 1 teaspoon
All Purpose Flour - 3 tablespoons
Milk - 3 tablespoons
Baking Powder - 3/4 teaspoon
Icing Sugar (for dusting) - as required

METHOD:
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
Arrange the sliced strawberries in a shallow baking tray.
(If the strawberries are sour (like mine were), sprinkle some castor suger over them and keep them aside for about an hour. Then Arrnage them in a dish and proceed with the recipe.)
Sift together the all purpose flour and the baking powder. Keep aside.
Put the egg and caster sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric beater till fluffy.
Add the milk and vanilla essence and beat further.
Fold in the all purpose flour + baking powder. Mix well using a wooden spoon.
Pour this over the strawberries and bake for 15 minutes.
Sprinkle icing sugar over it and serve.


This will turn out less like a cake and more like a pudding. It is best served warm, along with some whipped cream and fresh strawberries.

 Lots of love and happiness:)

Comments

hotpotcooking said…
looks delicious.........
Unknown said…
This looks delicious
First time here.U have a lovely space.Happy to follow you.
Check out my blog in ur spare time
This looks delicious
http://followfoodie.blogspot.com/
Mary Bergfeld said…
What a lovely treat. I love strawberries and your pudding sounds delicious. I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary
Vidya Sujith said…
Looks wonderful....& strawbeeries are a treat always....

Popular Posts