Simple Broccoli Soup:)

I took a long, long break. There was no particular reason, but we all get tied up with mundane life and get done with almost everything in a zombie-like mechanic way. I was doing the routine mechanical cooking these past few days, just wanting to get done with it.

I decided to make Broccoli Soup today. To me, this is a variation from my routine house work due to two reasons. One: no one really fancies broccoli in my house. Two: no one wants a soup made of broccoli of all the vegetables! But whenever I have made this soup, it has been well appreciated in all ways. It is the simplest one to make, with the fewest of the ingredients.

Here it is:



Broccoli - 1 medium, cut into florets
Onion - 1 medium, sliced lengthwise
Clove - 1
Cinnamon - 1 inch piece
Green Chillies - 1 (if you like it hot, add 2 green chillies)
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Oil - a teeny weeny bit.



Heat the oil in a pan. Add the clove and the cinnamon. Add the onions. Let the onions turn soft and transparent. Once that happens, add the broccoli cut into florets and the green chilli. Stir and mix well for about a minute. Then, add about 1/2 a cup of water, cover and cook till the broccoli gets just done(not overcooked). If any water remains let it be. Cool the mix. Remove the cinnamon and cloves from it and let the green chillies remain. Once cool, transfer it into a blender, and blend well, adding water if you feel the need for the soup to be thinner.

For serving, heat one teaspoon of butter in a pan. The original recipe calls for adding 1 tbsp of wholewheat flour (instead of plain flour, to make it healthier) into the butter and stir till no lumps are there (taking care not to burn the mixture), then adding the broccoli mix into it. I have omitted this step for health reasons. I dint want to add butter, neither did I feel the need for the soup to be made thicker, by adding flour into it. It depends on you whether you want to do it. If not, just heat up the broccoli mix, before serving and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. A swirl of cream if you want to... it gives the perfect look to it! Enjoy this with soup sticks:):):) Done!!!



Comments

Indian Khana said…
Yummy soup.....I do have same in my blog...nice clicks

Popular Posts